Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Aloha Smoothie

Refreshing drinks for the warmer weather...that's where I'm at these days.  I occasionally slip in some spinach just so I can not feel guilty that my daughter NEVER eats vegetables and my son only eats carrots.  This smoothie is great for those who hate bananas.  (You either love 'em or hate 'em!)

Aloha Pineapple Smoothie

Ingredients:

10 oz. pineapple juice
2 T. plain yogurt
2 scoops frozen strawberries
2 scoops pineapple sherbet
1 scoop crushed ice

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a blender and serve immediately!

Garnish with a piece of sliced pineapple or strawberry for fun!

In my test kitchen:

I tried this with lime sherbet rather than pineapple and really enjoyed it.  So try either.  Lime sherbet mutes the strong pineapple flavor but works really well.  The plain yogurt is definitely omittable.  So don't buy some just for this recipe.  But I would recommend making sure you use frozen fruit and not fresh fruit.  It changes the texture of the smoothie to use fresh fruit. 

Frozen fruit is kinda pricey.  So I like to buy large quantities and slice it myself and freeze them on  tray.  Then, once frozen, I store the fruit in freezer bags.  It's nice to keep an assortment of fruits on hand to try your own smoothie concoctions.

~Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment